1. THE WORD OF GOD: We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (II Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12; II Peter 1:19-21)
2. THE TRINITY: We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. These three are equal in every divine perfection and are precisely the same in nature and attributes and are worthy of the same homage, confidence and obedience. They execute distinct harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption. (Matthew 3: 16-17; II Corinthians 13:14)
3. GOD THE FATHER: We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of mankind, that He hears and answers prayer and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Psalms 22:3; Psalms 62:11; Daniel 2:20; John 3:16)
4. GOD THE SON: We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teaching. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven and perpetual intercession for his people. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1; Colossians 1:15-18; Hebrews 4:14-15)
5. GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe in the Holy Spirit whose ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age (dispensation) to convict people of sin, regenerate the believing sinner and then to seal, indwell, instruct, guide and empower the believer for godly living and service. We believe that all Christians are baptized by the Holy Spirit at the moment they trust in Jesus Christ for forgiveness of their sins. (John 14: 16-17 & 26; John 6: 7-15; Romans 8:26-27; I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:13-14)
6. SALVATION: We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His bodily resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who genuinely trust in Jesus Christ. We believe that all men are sinners by nature and by choice and are, therefore, under condemnation. Salvation is the free gift of God that is grace through faith and is neither merited or secured in part or in whole by the virtue or work of man. We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and receive salvation. (Matthew 26:28; John 3:16; Romans 3:23; Romans 5: 6-8; Romans 6:23; Romans 10: 9-13; Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:22)
7. ETERNAL SECURITY AND ASSURANCE: We believe it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the teaching and testimony of God’s Word and that all redeemed, once saved, are kept saved forever and that, however, our assurance of salvation is not to be used as an occasion to the flesh. (John 6:37-40; Romans 6:1-2; Romans 8:1; Romans 13:13-14; Galatians 5:13; Titus 2:11-15; I Peter 1:5)
8. THE CHRISTIANS CONDUCT: We believe that a Christian should live for the glory of God and the well being of his fellow man, that his conduct should be blameless before the world, that he should be a faithful steward of his possessions; and that he should seek to realize for himself and others the full stature of maturity in Christ. (Romans 12:1-2; Galatians 5:22-26; Colossians 1:9-10; Colossians 3:12-17)
9. THE CHURCH: We believe in the universal church; a living body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible profession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship and the evangelization of a lost world. That each church is independent and autonomous and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority; that, therefore, Church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictation or patronage of the other. (Matthew 16:18; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians 2:19-22; Ephesians 4:11-12; Hebrews 10:25)
10. THE ORDINANCES: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the local church; baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe the Christian Baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the triune God, symbolizing the believer’s union with the Lord Jesus in death, burial and resurrection. We believe that the Lord’s Supper was instituted by Christ for commemoration of His death, and the elements symbolize the body and blood of Christ offered for us and that this ordinance should be observed at least once per month. We believe that these two ordinances should be observed and administered until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:19-20; Acts 2:41; Acts 10:47-48; I Corinthians 11:23-32)
11. ANGELS, HOLY: We believe that God created an innumerable company of sinless spiritual beings known as angels. We believe that a great company of angels kept their holy estate and are before the throne of God, from where they are sent forth as ministering spirits to those who will be and are heirs of salvation. (Luke 15:10; Hebrews 1:14)
ANGELS, UNHOLY: We believe that Satan is a fallen angel, the author of sin and the cause of the fall of man; that he will be eternally punished in the lake of fire; and that a great company of angels followed him in his moral fall. Some are active as his agents and associates in the accomplishments of his unholy purposes. (Genesis 3:1-5; Job 1:6; Isaiah 14:12-17; Ezekiel 28:11-19; Matthew 25:41; Mark 5:1-20; Revelation 20:10)
12. THE LAST TIMES: We believe in the eminent pretribulational return of the Lord Jesus Christ to rapture His bride the Church and in the biblical teaching of the tribulation and the premillennial, personal, bodily and visible return of Christ to establish His earthly kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgement, the eternal happiness of the righteous and the endless suffering of unbelievers. We also believe that the blessed hope of Christ’s return has a vital bearing on the personnel life and service of the believer. (John 14:1-3; Acts 1:11; I Corinthians 15:51-52; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 19:11-16; Revelation 20:1-5)
13. MARRIAGE, GENDER AND SEXUALITY: We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. (Genesis 1:26-27).
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. (I Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4 Genesis 2:18-25).
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18-20; I Corinthians 6:9-10)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of the Church as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the church members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by this church in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality.
We believe that God offers redemption to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking his mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; I Corinthians 6:9-11)
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, kindness, respect and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of this church. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31)
14. THE SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE: We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life. (Psalms 139).
15. FINAL AUTHORITY FOR MATTERS OF BELIEF AND CONDUCT: Our Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of this church’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our Senior Pastor is the church’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.